So basic. The DIY Balloon Garland you’ll want at every party!
This weekend we are hosting Ava’s 5th Birthday...at our home! She has only had one real party before this and it was when she turned 3. She doesn’t even remember it! Usually we ask the kids if they’d like a party or if they’d prefer to do a little toy shopping at Walmart or ToysRUs. This year Ava insisted on a party with all her ‘girlfriends’ and of course her favorite princess, Ariel!
I wanted to make this party special for her and of course picture perfect. I have been seeing these beautiful balloon garlands all over Instagram & Pinterest and I knew I just had to have one for the party. I love a good DIY so I watched a couple of videos and started collecting the supplies. It was super easy to create and inexpensive. Balloon garlands usually run anywhere from $50+. My supplies cost just over $10 and of course my time is priceless. It took about 2 hours to create. Pumping up all the balloons was the hardest part IMO.
Here’s what you need:
Balloons (4 packs w/ 15 balloons) (Party City)
Sewing Needle (Walmart)
Fishing wire (Walmart)
Balloon Pump (Party City)
1. Pump up all your balloons and make sure to create ones that are small, medium & large.
2. Cut an extremely long piece of the fishing wire (way more that you need for your desired display area).
3. Tie one end of the wire to the sewing needle.
4. Alternating colours and sizes feed through the balloons. This is where you may need the help of a friend.
5. Use hooks or Command strips to hang your finished balloon garland in your picture perfect location.
Let me know if you give this a try!